• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of delidded FX??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

conway

Anyone have any decent res pics of a delidded Athlon FX? I want to compare a few of the surface features under the lid vs my newly delidded Opteron. Thanks!

Or "naked", that gets some people excited.:eek:
I doubt many people would pop the top on those at the price they sell. I would suspect they look almost identical to some of the Opterons peope have delidded.

Or "naked", that gets some people excited.:eek:
I doubt many people would pop the top on those at the price they sell. I would suspect they look almost identical to some of the Opterons peope have delidded.

Only reason I ask is because upon inspecting mine, I noticed some very tiny "golden bridges" similar to what the old ceramic Athlons had. Wanted to see if/how they were connected on the FX processors, thinking maybe thats how they are unlocked at the factory. Dunno if that's ever been tried before, but I'd be willing to if I could get pics and they showed anything. I have a spare "naked" 3000 venice I could try it on, which also has the same bridges on it.

Those are SMD capacitor-pack solder pads not golden bridges.
AMD's multipliers lock is done via software (MaxFID-string) and is described to the detail in bios developers guide for athlon 64.

Those are SMD capacitor-pack solder pads not golden bridges.
AMD's multipliers lock is done via software (MaxFID-string) and is described to the detail in bios developers guide for athlon 64.

Wasn't talking about the smd solder contact points....if you look very closely, you'll see 3 tiny dots on three sides of the die. Was referring to those.

If by "internal fuses" you mean model specific register (MSR) read-only memory address C001_0042h and by "blowing" you mean "programming", then yes that's correct.

Back