• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Win 2k pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bmxpunk86pl

Yea I just got win 2000 pro and everything went fine for a couple of days but then when i try to boot up, i get an error sayin
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF081B84C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000,
0x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

I ran scan disk, im about to run the surface scan. I also tried different memory sticks and I also cleared CMOS, but still i get the error. I also tried scanning for viruses but nothing.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
bmx

Using your Windows 2000 boot disks, go into the recovery console and type:

fixmbr (I think)

or just type help for a whole list of commands (but stick to the ones that will repair the master boot record) I think that'll solve your problem. I had the same problem w/ a Server installation once. That fixed it.

would fdisk /mbr work?

I accidently erased the boot disk, or i lost it (dont know which one). Is there any better way of doing this?

usually a stop error is related to hardware, (like bus to high?) but
just boot into your 2kcd and when u get to the setup screen hit f10
which will bring up your RC from the RC prompt type

Fixboot
Exit

or try

Fixmbr
Exit

Bmxpunk86pl said:
Yea I just got win 2000 pro and everything went fine for a couple of days but then when i try to boot up, i get an error sayin
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF081B84C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000,
0x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

I ran scan disk, im about to run the surface scan. I also tried different memory sticks and I also cleared CMOS, but still i get the error. I also tried scanning for viruses but nothing.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
bmx

Two things: did you install a service pack just prior to the error?
Have you tried running the pc at default speed?

turd said:
usually a stop error is related to hardware, (like bus to high?) but
just boot into your 2kcd and when u get to the setup screen hit f10
which will bring up your RC from the RC prompt type

Fixboot
Exit

or try

Fixmbr
Exit

Those are the commands I was thinking of. Try those first, before anything.

ok i fixed it. I did fdisk and then i deleted my partition then i formated installed win98se and from win98se i installed win2k pro.

Back