• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Releases Office SP1, XP SP3 Release Candidate to the Public

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i tried sp3 i like it. it borked my inspriat vista theme, but thats fine :p

its a little bit faster (Microsoft claims 10%)

Yeah it ruined my themes too, need a new patcher. I'm actually under 21k for the first time in a long time on 3d06 (gtx sli setup). All of my benchies are a bit slower under sp3 roughly 3-7%.

I'm ditching it, I'll pick it back up when they get some real release candidates. I don't care how fast office loads, that's a negligible bonus to me.

As far as security features, the best security for your PC is between your ears, so I'm not too worried about the security features it might provide, the performance just isn't there.

Edit: I'll throw up some screen shots sometime in the next couple days, but it is slower on my machine:

qx6800 + evga 680i (A1 revision) + 8800gtx sli setup using the 163.75 drivers

Yeah it ruined my themes too, need a new patcher. I'm actually under 21k for the first time in a long time on 3d06 (gtx sli setup). All of my benchies are a bit slower under sp3 roughly 3-7%.

I'm ditching it, I'll pick it back up when they get some real release candidates. I don't care how fast office loads, that's a negligible bonus to me.

As far as security features, the best security for your PC is between your ears, so I'm not too worried about the security features it might provide, the performance just isn't there.

Edit: I'll throw up some screen shots sometime in the next couple days, but it is slower on my machine:

qx6800 + evga 680i (A1 revision) + 8800gtx sli setup using the 163.75 drivers

heheh, good thing its not on my new rig :p

Can't you just patch it again with uxtheme.dll, or did it add something new that prevents it from being changed?

Back