• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

random lockups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craydog

Registered
i get random lockups while surfing the net.sometimes i can go awhile before it locks othertimes it will happen real quick and repeat after reset.it will also happen while opening window boxes offline.im running win 98se ie6.my system is epox 8kha xp1800+ pal hsf 80mm.cpu temp 36c,visiontek g3 ,audigy gamer sound card,aopen 56k modem,floppy,dvd rom,pacific digital burner,40 gb hd,1 exhaust fan 2 intakefans all 80mm.via drivers 4.37,video drivers 21.83,i havent updated sound or modem drivers as of yet.my power supply is 300w that came with my addtronics case.i think that my power supply might be the problem.ive unplugged both cd roms, intake fans(opened case)left exhast fan going.lockups still happen.then i removed the sound card from its slot but keep software installed and everything seems to be going well,no lockups as of yet.ive checked for irq sharing conflicts and see that the modem,sound card and video card have thier own irq.i can run 3dm2001 looping no problems......sound like a power problem...or somethin with the sound card?er what.......it did the same thing with my diamond monster card installed.......sorry for the rattling on and on but im at the end of my rope and believe this is to become a diary of a madman.......................................:mad:

you shouldn't write so packed.

i tried to read this to even see what you were even complaining about but i got mixed up a lot.

of course that might have to do with the fact that im dyslexic . . .

no im jk, but anyway. . . . you should definitely update all your drivers, then download opera cause youre probably using ie which sucks then you should upgrade your os to windows xp cause it rules and never crashes unlike 98 and stuff and then you should go and buy a slim jim and snap into a slim jim and then buy an ice pop and eat it cause it probably tastes good, then you should not worry about your audigy since they rule and i have never had a problem with one of them and then you should go and get some cookies cause they taste good too. ..... sorry for the rattling on and on but im making fun of you ......yeah sorry i know this must be a rough time for you, i feel the same way with one of my comps which i can't even install an os on . . . :mad:

Back