• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox Live gripe: God bless Kotaku

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I agree with fudge though. I much more prefer to play with people 20+ due to maturity level (most of the time ;)). And the trash you hear on Xbox Live makes even me become annoyed. And that is saying something ;)

Sorry I've never experienced this. It's always the adults that do it to me. And a lot of those comments are right. It would be a paradise for pedophiles.

Sorry I've never experienced this. It's always the adults that do it to me. And a lot of those comments are right. It would be a paradise for pedophiles.

I don't think so, if you're playing Rainbow 6 on LIVE then there's going to be like 6 other people playing with you and I'm sure they wouldn't let some creepy old guy entice Johnny into giving him any personal information or stuff like that.

Eh, to be honest it's fine. Kids just need to learn to shut the **** up and realize nobody cares.

Plus, they make me look good. :D

If you want to talk to your team, use the microphone. If you don't want to talk to them, don't plug it in, and better yet, if you don't want to hear them you can mute them. I don't really find that it's a problem.

If you want to talk to your team, use the microphone. If you don't want to talk to them, don't plug it in, and better yet, if you don't want to hear them you can mute them. I don't really find that it's a problem.

Yes you have those options, but seriously, something still should be done. At least in my opinion.

Most games have issues with player maturity. Unfortunatly it doesnt work as simple to have an age filter. I have ran into a fair number of 20+ year olds who still have the maturity level of a 12 year old. I have also ran into some 14 year olds who are quite mature and enjoyable to play with. Not only do you run into the problem of varying maturity level with with age, but also the issue of how do you confirm someones age?

I wouldnt mind seeing the ability to put negative marks or positive marks on someone based on how mature you thought they were, but I doubt that will happen.

As much as I hate to say it I think muting the overly annoying players is still the best option. The fact that you pay for Xbox live, doesnt change the fact that there really isnt much the companies can do it.

Back