• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a wireless adapter that would perform well, with games especially

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gregory_WE

For my internship I'll be renting a bedroom in a house and the internet there is wireless so I need to get myself a card. I plan on doing some gaming so I want to get a card that will perform pretty well, but at the same time I don't feel like spending a bunch of money on it either.

Thoughts on this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315041

Seems to be pretty popular and well-priced with good reviews. Have any opinions on this one, or is there another one you would recommend that should perform well?

It looks decent from the reviews, and if you want to keep it cheap it looks as if this will be your best bet.

For anyone else who might consider it, this week it's on sale so you can get free shipping with this promo code (from an email I got): EMC1211NETW02

$5 cheaper so if the price was right before it's even better now.

I'll wait a couple more days to pull the trigger since i don't need it right away so if anyone else has another opinion then feel free to share :)

I've never had an issue using cheap wifi cards. I used an old belkin 802.11b card for gaming for almost 2 years and it ran withou a hitch.

Back