• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im looking for the error log file.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

where does the w2k pro store the error log files?
i got an error while playing a game and one dialog box said windows was making a log file for the error, where do i find it?
thanks.

What game? Some games write the files and store them in the game "system" folder. For example, Unreal Tournament does this. You could also try looking in the "Windows" folder, a lot of log files are kept there.

its soldier of fortune.
but if its within the windows folder what is the name i should look for? i know the ext is .log, right?

I have no idea what the name would be, probably something familiar to the game. My guess is the exstention would be .log or .txt .

Good luck :)

just make sure that in you my computer tool\folder options \view t hat your show hidden .....is checked and hide protected ... is deselected and go to your start\search\search for files and folders box and type *.log and search also try *.txt you will see the big picture

Back