• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hot or not? 17" everex xt5300t 1.7ghz a64x2 1gb 8600m $800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pie-rate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834280007

I was looking for a laptop, mainly for gaming and and coding. I'm not looking for a 17" specifically, and I'd actually prefer a 15.4" since it'd fit in my current bag.
CPU is a little underpowered... I'm not made of money, though, and the next best thing i can find is $1050+

Seems a little to cheap to be true.

Any suggestions are welcome. nVidia with dedicated RAM only, though. ATI belongs in the trash until they fix their drivers.

You could pick up the Acer model for the same price and it has a C2D CPU and a HD2600 512mb in it which is atleast as good as the 8600M if not better with the extra ram.

I am an Nvidia Fangirl at heart but when it comes to laptops I will go either way LOL.

Fix their drivers ? LOL there are no current problems with their drivers at all... its their under powered cards I have issue with :)

Link to such Laptop? Im about to go ahead and buy this one unless you can show me this Acer.

For the money thats not to bad of a laptop. The HD2600 even if there are driver issues will crush the 8600 GS. It's important that you understand the difference between the GS and the GT, GS isn't as powerful as the GT, be it DDR2 or 3. However, the HD2600 and 8600m GT go hand and hand. Whatever laptop NettieZoom is refering to would whop that laptop at NewEgg all over. Especially in battery life if that matters to you :]

Thats not bad at all. My notebook is an Asus as well if you look at the sig :]

Back