• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning a Radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

I've seen some dust collecting on my radiator and I was wondering what is a good way to clean out the dust? I tried compressed air, but it seems like the air makes the dust wet once the air hits it... The radiator is mounted in the top of my case. Is there someway to clean the dust out?

I use a small air compressor which works well. You could use a paint brush and gently brush the fins as you blow air through them.

If you are using canned compressed air, make sure you don't tip the can on its side or upside down as it will blow moisture out. Just bend the straw with the can upright or at a reasonable angle and blow out the dust.

I always use compressed air to clean the dust out. If you are using the regular ones with the c02 or whatever inside it shoots liquid out if turned on its side or upside down. You either have to use the regular compressed air canisters that you fill yourself with a pump or take the rad out to clean it with the co2 ones.

LOL, I couldn't find cans of compressed air anywhere around my area, here in wollongong australia, so i did it this way.

Vacuum, straw, packingtape

taped the straw to the vacuum nozzle sealed it up with the tape, and it sucks all the dam dust of my rad like a thing that sucks really good ;)

Was also good for cleaning the inside of my case, then my GF came in ripped it apart without asking me if i was finished. bloody womens.

ghetto cleaning ftw.

Back