• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10k-RPM WD 8mb Raptor vs. AK-47

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Welp, I know this won't help anyone fix thier drive or raid array but its still kinda cool~:bday:

This was one of 2 from my 1st Raptor raid O arrays. It died suddenly on a new install of XP Pro. Proly about my 20th re-install. I checked the numbers on WD site to see if I could RMA it but it came up as out of warrenty. Which is the 1st time that has happend to me on a Raptor. Anyways, I thought I would try and see just how much an Enterprise level HD could take...LOL!:bday:

Hmmm, shock treatment? check! Punture treatment, check! Anti-static treatment via metal penetration, check! All tests have proven to be failures...:confused: heh

Sorry for the blurry pics, it was very late and dark last night around 3:30 (pacific northwest).

The victim:

DSCF2464.jpg

13 x 7.62mm rounds in 2 1/2 sec at 3 feet.

DSCF2479.jpg

Coolshot of a waterfall nearby the testing grounds.

DSCF2481.jpg

I have the victim in my truck. I'll drag it out and take a clearer shot in a bit.

Ok, Bender if you really wanted to you could be. :bday:
(sounds philosophical...lol)

OKwolf, yeah, dadgummit, looks like a Bible in the shirt pocket is much better...heh!.

Autopsy pics below.:soda:

Look how thick the aluminum housing is...nioce~!

DSCF2491.jpg

2 more pics...(yeah, I'm bored)

The clodge of debris is magnetic...heh...go figure.

DSCF2496.jpg

Bullet frags and magnetic disk particles make for a good snowman...eeh?

DSCF2494.jpg

Kraig now that is one for sure piece of hardware that will to keep your parishioners
attentive and listening to your sermons on Sunday!!!

Viper

Heh...no one sleeps when I preach! Never have brought anything into the church other than my Bible along with my 8gb thumb drive. My mouth is my weapon~! :bday:

Back