• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alot of Questions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amsterdam32

Registered
Hey guys I'm new to this site, my brother pointed me in this direction. I have a bunch of nice spare parts that he left for me and I need to figure out where to start on building a good solid system with those parts that is relatively inexpensive, because at the moment my budget is kind of strained. I will sift through all what I got and I will post a list of everything and I guess start from there. I do not really know much about putting a computer together and would like some advice and opinions and some general knowledge input on how to put those parts to good use and how to hook everything up.

Thanks,

Mike

Okay here are the components I have:

Asus P5B Delux Motherboard
Nvidia Gforce8800GTS 320MB GDDR3
And 2GB of Corsair XMS2 Series Ram

So where do I start as far as processor is concerned. Anyways if anyone has any suggestions would be helpful to get me started.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks for the info Shiggi. That processor is a good price and all the reviews on it seem to be pretty solid. I will keep that processor in mind while I look around some more. Another thing I had was how do you install the damn thing? Anyone got some pictures of easy CPU setup and the proper voltage to set it to?

Back