• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HT link at 216mhz? whats rong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i tryed the cpu muli at 14x and it fails to boot

Attachments

• DSC02451.JPG
    DSC02451.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 190
Are you running Vista as your OS? If so you need to go to Start>Control Panel>Power Options and select High Performance.

yea the nb to sb muilt I think allows you to change that of either.

Making the SB or NB run slower or faster.

make sure your widths are 16 up and 16 down

i found that i get better OCs if i run it at 8/8.

look for a auto MCP55 and set it on disable. also what about the spread spectrum configuration? it might have something to do with one of these things.

where is spread spectrum configuration? there isnothing like that in my bios and the MCP55 only goes to 1x

i found that i get better OCs if i run it at 8/8.

look for a auto MCP55 and set it on disable. also what about the spread spectrum configuration? it might have something to do with one of these things.

I understand the 8/8 clocks better but if your going for performance and clock not just max clock 16/16 is a better bet.

I understand the 8/8 clocks better but if your going for performance and clock not just max clock 16/16 is a better bet.

for some reason i cant get my to real post with a OK HTT with 16/16 only 8/8. dont know whats up with that.

karlthomas102 if you reset to stock setting by clearing the CMOS does the HTT run at 1000Mhz or does it stay around 200Mhz?

I had the same thing happen when I updated my bios on my ASUS board, no matter what I did I couldn't get the thing to get over 215, that was with the updated phenom Bios.

Changing HT Speed didn't do a damn thing

You do know that your h/t link is on a multiplier, right? If your showing a h/t link of 216 in the bios, your actual h/t is 216 x the multiplier, which should be 5 (stock). You want to keep your h/t x the multiplier as close to, but not over 1000 as you can get it. So if you are running the h/t link at 216, you should set the multiplier at 4 and work from there (that would set your h/t frequency to 864, if you leave the multi at 5 then your actual h/t frequency is 1080, and you don't want to be over 1000). Also, it would help to know which bios revision you are running. I take it you have the ASUS crosshair? There were some reported problems with the brand new bios ("phenom bios"), I've been running revision 0804 without any problems.

i know i have tryed changing all of the opshons with no luck think i need to flash the bios

I had the same problem on my M2N32SLI when I updated the bios, but when I reflashed and went back to my old one it worked.

Back