• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HT link at 216mhz? whats rong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karlthomas102

hi i have just built a new pc hear are the spek
amd 6400+ black edition
aser crosshair
xfx 8800gts xxx 640mb
2x 1gb sticks of ocz sli ram pc2-6400 Dual Channel ram (i have another 2gb of ram on its way 2x 1gb ram stick)
ASUS Silent Knight II Quiet CPU Cooler

i have now got the cpu at a stable oc of 3.45ghz but iv noticed that the HT link is at only 216mhz it was at 214mhz when i reset the bios to stock
eny one know whats rong?
also i want to oc my ram what would i need to do to get the ram to run faster?
thanks karl

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 256
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 217
at the moment its set to auto what shall i set it to to test and should i tryto keep it at 1000 or as close to

1000 or as close to but not over.

try 3x that will give you the ability to go to 333fsb before having to change to 2x

is it the cpu<->mcp55HT speed thats set to 5x
is tht the settinf that ineed to change?

3x i believe but once again I have never ran this board so to be sure I could only ask that you ship it to me :D

BTW welcome to the forums

yea the nb to sb muilt I think allows you to change that of either.

Making the SB or NB run slower or faster.

make sure your widths are 16 up and 16 down

hi just changed the cpu<->mcp55HT speed to 3x no change i will change the nbto sb and they alredy are at 16down 16up

this is my bios i tryed setting the nb to sb freq to 200 and its still at 216mhz eny idears

Attachments

• DSC02450.jpg
    DSC02450.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 215
what is amd virulation?

do you have CNQ disabled?

according to that picture you should be at 5x216 ht speed

just put the cpu multiiplier to 15x and the ht is up to 230mhz shall i lower the cpu multiiplier untill i get 1000mhz on the ht?

Back