• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Info for Abit BX 133 RAID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the reply...but i am looking for specific details
Nothing new in the official site or database.

thx anyway

Well mine oc to max 147fsb rock stable .
it's P3-667 1.8Vcore 3.6VIO
that is BX chipset so there is only 2/3 divider and at 147fsb my agp is 99mhz and that is the prob about oc it good.
and U can't use Tualatin :(((

What do you want to know

I have one and have built 5 systems based on it. I like it and think it works great. Alot of people do complain about the bx chipset's agp divider but i have not had any problems with this, but i have always used geforce cards with bx-133's so it's probably a vid card issue. I have had mine as high as 166 but i run it around 160 most of the time 160 2-2-2 gives great performace for an SDR system. The HPT 370 RAID conrtoller works great and the BX chipset is rock solid so overall I think it is a great motherboard for the price. The bios allows you to turn off ACPI which is good (I hate ACPI) and the latest bios revision gave it a good memory performance increase. I only have one complaint about it, there is something screwy about the 5th PCI slot and it wont accept certian cards so don't plan on using it, other than that I think its the best "overclockers" choice for a p3 sdr system. :D

Thanks for the replies

My main problem is the agp going too hi when overclocked.
I'm planning to o\c a P-III 1GHZ cco step which is currently o\ced
in an other mobo @1100 147fsb 1,75vcore 36 C full load....stable.

I'll be also using a Hercules MX-II 400 32MB SDRAM (so far tested to work fine at 74mhz agp)

Also a 256mb CORSAIR PC-150 CAS 2
And a 20gb WD BB , plus a 5,1 live

Anyway..i'll give it a try

Thank you all.

Re: What do you want to know

supergenius74 said:
I only have one complaint about it, there is something screwy about the 5th PCI slot and it wont accept certian cards so don't plan on using it, other than that I think its the best "overclockers" choice for a p3 sdr system. :D

I believe it may be 'cause some of the pci slots are NOT busmaster capable,and if you tried switching the cards around, you might get lucky...unless all your cards require busmaster slots:cool:

Back