• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

frys and DHL to the rescue !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rattle

ON a spur of the moment thing, more because I am addicted to buying video cards and I couldnt stop if you held a gun to my head than because it was a good deal, I ordered a couple PNY 8800gts 512 cards.

This was the 22nd late, I paid $7 for some poop slow shipping. 23rd they shipped.
I look at tracking, says delivery date the 28th.

Today the DHL dude was at my door :beer:

from wilmington ohio to damn near tampa florida.

pretty amazing for $7 on ground shipping I thought.

DHL moves stuff fast, even with 'ground.' They don't hold up packages based upon the initial delivery date estimate either like UPS sometimes does. I bet DHL had the package in their system on Saturday though and it just wasn't updated for a day. Otherwise you got it in one day which seems a little too good to be true ;)

well I ordered on saturday night around 10pm I think, then i checked sunday and it said it had shipped. I figured cool maybe I will get it by friday. I checked today and it said estimated arrival the 28th. I couldnt believe they showed up.

I'm not going to get into a UPS discussion because i can garantee negative statements. They have got better around here recently but UPS in this part of florida is still a joke though compared to new england.

Hey here's something else to check because this has happened with a few orders I've made from Frys.com as well as Buy.com. Some items from both have come from warehouses much more local than the normal address the website gives. One thing from Buy.com came from a warehouse about 15 minutes away from me lol. You implied before that it came from Wilmington OH but I'm curious to see, if you still have the package, what was the actual ship-from address?

thumbs up to DHL. I know it is a great shipping company. Personally, I wont give a thumbs up to Fry's (outpost.com). Had a minor bad experience with them. Their store won't honor their online price. If they are out ot stock... they wont even email you about it. You just wait and wait and wait and wait until you call them to find out it is out of stock. Anyway, congrats to receiving your new powerhouse card.

Back