• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crazy PSU deals at newegg.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
damn, id be all over the corsair if it was modular. I will not by another CPU if it isn't modular. I don't understand why any enthusiast PSU these days wouldn't be modular.

anyway MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!:santa::santa::santa:

damn, id be all over the corsair if it was modular. I will not by another CPU if it isn't modular. I don't understand why any enthusiast PSU these days wouldn't be modular.

anyway MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!:santa::santa::santa:

The electrical connections are more secure in hard wired models. Alot of people stand on the other side of the fence of you on this issue.

The electrical connections are more secure in hard wired models. Alot of people stand on the other side of the fence of you on this issue.

More secure, how? They won't fall out, or you can't connect them backwards? Either meaning is questionable IMO. I mean, a well designed modular PSU has connections that are no less secure than the molex connections between the PSU and the drives connected to it, or the ATX connection with the mobo.

I agree with Bageland2000, I won't buy a PSU unless it's modular now. I think the only valid criticism is they usually cost more than the hard wired ones. Otherwise, they're functionally identical and clear up some of the wire clutter.

I really don't think that the modular thing is all that big of a deal myself. Realistically, your connections are only as good as where they are the weakest and that is always going to be at the molex end. If you are using only a few components that need connections such as minimal drives and only a limited number of fans, then I can see reducing the cable clutter but that will not apply to any computer that I build.

OTOH, the whole concept of an MIR leaves me cold. I would rather do my research and find a good PSU with a good original price and leave the money in MY bank account to earn interest for ME. That and I have heard the stories of how some people never get the money back because some fulfillment house operation has a hypercritical interpretation of the rules.

there are plenty of mail in rebates that work exactly as advertised...

OTOH, the whole concept of an MIR leaves me cold. I would rather do my research and find a good PSU with a good original price and leave the money in MY bank account to earn interest for ME. That and I have heard the stories of how some people never get the money back because some fulfillment house operation has a hypercritical interpretation of the rules.

Silverstone is amazing with their MIR. Mine only took about 12 days to receive after I mailed it out. The check appeared to be hand signed as well. o_O

some folks moan about added resistance in a modular but jonnyguru and others have shown me that the difference is negligible if the supply is built properly. buy with confidence e-friends

I have three PC's running. ALL have modular PSU's. All have Corsair PSU's. ALL have zero problems. I am a fan of modular.

Back