• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Half Life 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmMoen

A long time ago I started half life 2. Since then I have made a computer change over and I can't find my saved games anywhere. I was fairly far through half life 2 if I remember correctly. I am just wondering if there is any way I can get back to where I was without playing through the whole thing again. I want to finish it before I go on to episode 1 and 2.

there are ways to unlock chapters, just google how to unlock chapters in HL2, and you should be able to figure it out.

If it's been a while, why not just play through it again? I mean it's a damn good game. I've beaten HL2 like 5-6 times. It's never a chore to play it.

If it's been a while, why not just play through it again? I mean it's a damn good game. I've beaten HL2 like 5-6 times. It's never a chore to play it.

I cant seem to do something again if I have done it before. If it is the same puzzles and the same stuff I cant. Multiplayer is different. Everyone has different ways of playing and depending on a person's mood they will go with different strategies. This is why I love DOD:S online and starcraft online. It is different everytime. Single player games though for me I beat once and am done forever. Can't really get into it a second time. I wish I could though. A lot cheaper that way! :beer:

That's a shame. I watch my favorite movies and play my favorite games over and over and never get sick of them. HL2 is one of the most replayable games out there IMO. There are many different ways you can get through the game and approach situations with enemies. I know that certain things can only be done one way, like the physics puzzles, but other stuff can be done differently. Not to mention there are many, many single player mods available that provide a completely new story to the mix. Causality Effect: A Red Letter Day comes to mind. Fantastic single player mod. I highly recommend you play it.

Back