• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8600gts freezing pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlntAgent

ok system specs below:

A8n32SLI
2 gigs corsair mem
amd fx 57 @ 2.8 (stock)
XFX 8600gts 256
xfi extreme music
250 WD hd

Basically, with ANY game the system locks with a sound loop then after a few minutes reboots. I am assuming its the video card since i tried the video card on another system and the same thing happens. I cannot figure out what the problem is, this is a replacement card for a defective card from XFX. The card lasts about 30 min then freezes. Ive tried new mobo bios drivers, vid card drivers, chipset drivers. I just cant figure this out.

Ive also read that 8600gts in general have issues...can anyone confirm/deny this? i really need to get my other pc up and running. Thanks in advance

Update....now the card plays for an hour or so, then i get a wierd gray screen....cant do anything except for restarting the PC..in starting to wonder if its my PSU going.

Back