• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SMART event on Intel Matrix RAID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumking

Registered
I have 2x 320GB Seagate 7200.10 harddrives in a Matrix RAID with 2x40GB in RAID 0 and the remainder in RAID 1.

When booting up, the RAID screen shows that my RAID 1 arrary status is "Verify" and an individual drive at bottom half of screen shows a SMART event. The computer ran a self check chkdsk i believe. Afterwards, it stayed at a black screen with my pointer, and a lot of hard drive activity. I figured it was rebuilding itself, but after 2 hrs like that, I came to the conclusion that something is seriously ill.

DO you guys have any suggestions or have experience dealing with an issue like this? Cuz I'm stumped.

you might want to check the SMART data on each drive. What you do is download bartPE and build a bartPE cd that you can boot from, and also download something that can view smart data but you dont have to install it. Then disable raid (yes disable) and have the smart data viewer on a usb pen drive. Plug the pen drive in when the comp is off. then boot up with the bart pe cd and run the smart data viewer to see if anything is outta wack.

Or take the hd out and plug it into another comp with sata.

how do i get it to boot from the pen drive? do u know any smart viewers? and does bartPE work on vista ultimate? my comp is running vista

Back