• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thunderbird "lost" mail?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

Bit of a complex question here...

I did a multi-address Thunderbird setup for a friend at the beginning of the month (two email addresses in a single profile). All was working when I left.

Something (I know not what, I wasn't around to touch anything) happened about a week ago, resulting in the primary address A going "missing" and the secondary B becoming the primary. The secondary-now-primary account could not send mail even though SMTP settings were correct.

That was fixed (the primary email account A is what it should be), but she's "lost" all the email she had downloaded and stored before the primary account hid itself.

Is there a way to get it back (I'm guessing not, but one never knows)?

open Thunderbird -> Tools -> Account Settings -> Go to Local Folders

Go to the location specified there, it could be there or go to Account 1 -> Server Settings. It could be in that folder.

Aha, thanks. I knew it was somewhere, but didn't know if a previous setup would be overwritten by what happened (it's complicated, I'll be going to see her on Thursday to see what can be done).

if i were you, do a backup of the thunderbird in docs and settings. should be in local settings\application data

this folder stores all files, settings, and emails associated with thunderbird

Back