• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-6OXET-C vs. Abit ST6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OldFart I dont know why it is that on the XET-C I could get to 1.6ghz but on the Tusl2-c I could not using the same chip, same ram, same voltages....both would be using the same everything but it was a no go on the tusl2-c, I would have had to go much higher on the voltages to get the same results. I think the tusl2-c has a much more tempermental circuit design not allowing it to take as much OC.

I wish I had more answers for you as to why the pll dividers arent working as well for you as for others. I only know that they work for me ....and I am happy about the board. There has to be something in your system that is kicking it, something in the chain whether it is ram, video card, etc....that is what makes OC so challenging as well as frustrating at times......

Quote by TASOS....

In my little search ...(looking for the "golden m\b")...i found out
that the new series of Soltek both 694T & 815B chipsets have
1/5 dividers...and they also have the "Red Storm" utility for o\c.

So XET is not the only one arround !!!

I have actually heard something about this before....

If my memory serves me correct, this "Red Storm" is only good for the eye, but one can never ACTUALLY play with it. I have read some review about it in the past, which clear states that "red storm' will not function if at all or just make the the board fail to boot or whatever. However, what i read are just bunch of old reviews, and i have no idea whether this still holds true or not. oops....i think it will work...someone is using a soltek board and ocing like crazy..take a look at cpu database.

Back