• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Galaxy Gforce 8800gt 512mb for $220

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
$221 after MIR

$241 before isn't a bad deal, but the $20 shipping from Canada is what hurts it.

Has anybody acquired one of these yet? I'm wondering how it performs and why the hell it needs 2 PCIE connectors.

I own one and I hate it.

The fan runs at 100% constantly, so it's hairdryer loud. This is a confirmed flaw that is 'by design'

My advice is to get another card.

If it isn't a ref. design, then who knows if custom coolers fit?

it has more power plugs for increased overclocking ability, and this is OCforums.com so....

Well since you have it, why not post some pictures and measure the holes and any intrusive components with a ruler? :)

Agreed. As I'm water cooling, the fan doesn't matter since it's coming off as soon as the card arrives. As long as it fits a Maze5 andn I can throw on some ramsinks, I'll be happy.

I bought this card a few weeks ago for the same price and I like it.

The only disadvantage is this card seems to be missing the ramsinks that other cards have, which I assume is why the memory won't overclock much at all. Aside from the memory, it seems to overclock about as well as other 8800gt cards. I'm running it at 700/1750/905 now. stock - 600/1500/900

The card has always been quiet and the cooler works quite well. Max load temp is 70C, but it is usually lower, playing Crysis it only gets up to 52C.

I think some of the people that ordered after me got a different cooler that is very noisy. I have the one shown in the pic, not having any problems with it.

I think some of the people that ordered after me got a different cooler that is very noisy. I have the one shown in the pic, not having any problems with it.
That probably would be the
PLEASE NOTE: There are two versions of coolers for this product. We cannot guarantee which version customers will receive.
splattered on top :p

Back