• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EEE PC Windows XP Slim Guide - Must Read for EE PC owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah that's the guide I used for my XP install but he took somethings off that I still wanted left on mine so I deviated a little from it and mine ended up taking up a bit more space, but overall it's an excellent guide on how to slim xp down for the EEE PC's.

I used the guide to setup my fiance's EEE PC here are the results. This is Windows XP SP2, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Win Rar and that is all right now. Considerablely better than the Linux they come loaded with even.

EEEPCXP.jpg

I used the guide to setup my fiance's EEE PC here are the results. This is Windows XP SP2, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Win Rar and that is all right now. Considerablely better than the Linux they come loaded with even.

EEEPCXP.jpg

thats amazing that windows comes loaded with that much junk lol. id love to have an EEE pc for school, just my hands are WAY to big for it... i mean the lil Sony vio i have with a 10inch screen is about the smalest i can go lol.

Yea just the other day I did a fresh install off the same disk and it was just at 2GB. So I cut out about 1.25 GB of junk. Just windows on the EEE PC was 750 MB.

Back