• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warranty on Seagate 500GB 7200.11 drive purchased via Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noegruts

A few of the "customer reviews" of the Seagate 500GB 7200.11 drive, model ST3500320AS, point out that the NewEgg page does not list the standard Seagate 5-year warranty for this drive. Since nearly all of the other Seagate drives that Newegg carries do list the 5-year warranty, maybe this is just an omission by the guy that does Newegg's web site, but it might also be the case that Newegg is selling an OEM drive that is for some reason not eligible for Seagate's warranty.

If you purchased this drive from Newegg, can you take 5 minutes and type in your drive's serial number into this form on Seagate's web site and report back what it says?

Thanks!

I was about to purchase 2x of these tonight for my new build, looks like I'll be waiting until we get a response from MasterCraft.

I got 3 of them on Christmas Day, just checked them and they all have warranties ending Nov. 28, 2012, which is close enough to 5 years for me.

the "this" that I am talking about is an oem drive at newegg not having the manufacturers warranty. That only applies to open box hard drives.

Back