• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

little confused about this... and wondering if it would help....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bluefalcon13

Well, my MB has alot of wierd options, that have never been described in OCing guides, and im gonna flip through it, and list the ones which im confused about, and what it helps to achieve. This is for an Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe board... so those of you with lots of experiance with these, please lemme know if any of these are useful and what not. Gonna really ramp my Brisbane 4000+ up this weekend, and wanna know if yall know some special tricks with some of these settings to really get a GREAT OC!

Advanced Voltage Control
CPU Vcore Offset Voltage - does this mean that the default of 1.35 would really be 200mV higher?
DDR2 Termination Voltage - ???
CPU to NB Voltage / NB to SB - Whats default, and whats generally 'too high'?
NB Core/PCI-E voltage - default, 'max safe'?
SB Core/PCI-E voltage - default, 'max safe'?

Others
NB <-> SB freq - should this be 'cloned' from my CPU <-> NB freq(ie, 268x4) for best performance/stability, or should I lock it down at 1000mhz(200x5) reguardless what my CPU <-> NB freq is?

Well... I think thats about it... thought there was some kinda RAM offset, but I couldnt even find it in the book, something about RAM clock offsets.... OH, I see it... AI Clock Skew... wtf is this? Is it only relevent to those who use both banks of DIMMs?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

i think all of the advantage voltage controls are for if the voltage goes up too much from what you have set it, it would cause a reboot to avoid damage.

i could be wrong though

i think all of the advantage voltage controls are for if the voltage goes up too much from what you have set it, it would cause a reboot to avoid damage.

i could be wrong though

i donno if this is what its refering to... seems to be different, cause all the safety stuff is in the "POWER MANAGEMENT--> Advanced options"

all this stuff is in the normal advanced menus (like RAID, USB, RAM dividers, CPU clock freq, ect ect....)

TELLS ME YOUR SECRETS! :p

Others
NB <-> SB freq - should this be 'cloned' from my CPU <-> NB freq(ie, 268x4) for best performance/stability, or should I lock it down at 1000mhz(200x5) reguardless what my CPU <-> NB freq is?

I say if you want stability then keep those settings at the default. Any over clocking you do on the CPU side should not effect the chipset. Also overclocking the HT bus generally has no improvement in speed on a single socket system when kept above 800MHz, so even if the chipset could handle any over clock you would see no improvement in speed from the peripherals connected to the north bridge and south bridge when over clocking them.

And like I said stability should not be an issue with the NB <-> CPU HT bus being over clocked but the NB <-> SB staying at default speed.

Back