• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$150 card with Size Restrictions (7" long or less)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randyman...

Good ~$200 PCIe 16x card with Size Restrictions (7" long or less)

I'm in the market for a new PCIe 16x Video Card in the $150 - $200 range. I've used ATI in the past, but I'm not opposed to nVidia. The one major qualification is the SIZE of the card - Length can not be more than 6.5" - 7" MAX. I'm not a Gamer, but want the option down the road. I do watch lots of HD Video on my PC. I'd like 512MB of 256-bit RAM if possible, and 16 pipelines. I'm currently running a Sapphire x800GTO 256MB 256bit if that gives you any indication :)

I recently bought a SAPPHIRE 100200L Radeon X1950GT 512MB for like $120, but the darn thing is literally TOO LONG to fit in my Antec SLK3000B case - PC#1 in my sig (it physically hits my Hard Drives - I have 7 HD's in my system :eek: ). If you include the PCIe power connection, it would have been about 2" too long, and the PCIe power cable would still be butting up against the HD's. Are all newer Graphics cards this big???

So, what is a descent card that is not over 6.5" - 7" long? A PCIe power plug on the top of the card would be an advantage for HD Clearance and for wire managemanet.

DX10 support would be cool, but not 100% needed. 1 Slot Size with a moderately quiet fan is a plus (no double thickness cards with loud fans). I have 4 other systems with ATI cards, so it is convenient to stick with ATI for Drivers, but whatever.

Thanks bigtime for any leads on this - I'm so "out of the loop" on Video Cards it is not even funny :(

:cool:

Last edited:
Bumpage. Any ideas? Are all of the newer cards as big as the Radeon X1950GT that woudn't fit in my case?

:cool:

Kind of sucks now, small GPUs are like non-existant. My 8800GT is a freaking foot long =D

The 8800Ultra and the 9800GX are a foot long and freaking 4 inches thick :eek:

I would keep looking at ATI cards though.

Back