• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel Thermal Analysis tool?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uberwoot

how reliable is this? Im useing it on my E4500 and my temps seem really good...allmost to good.

idle the cores are 25-29 with a oc to 3.4ghz and water cooled. When i up the volts and oc it to 3.7 the temps go up so is this tool pretty accruate?

try out coretemp

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

and report back the temps it gives in comparison to the temps TAT is giving... My e6600 and e4300 both recorde temps almost the same on TAT and coretemp. but the E4500 is a different stepping then the e4300 with a different tjunction temp 100*C vs 85*C, if i had to bet id say the temp readings in TAT are right about 15*C off of what coretemp says

ya TAT aint reading right... just use coretemp.
Actually, no. They are both right.

They are reading from different parts on the processor. Which would give you different temps.

That aside, I would use the CoreTemp temps just because they are higher ;)

My water block dosent even really warm to the touch. My water in the lines still feels pretty cool. Not like when i had my 3ghz X2 overclocked and the block felt warm and the watter was pretty warm. So i think the temps reported by core temp are off some. Bios reports temps close to those in the TAT.

also who made TAT? intell or a 3rd party?

Load temps are off the same amont as the idle temps.

bios reports temps closer to the TAT temps. "like i trust the bios temps" So at 40c for a few hours shouldent my waterblock feel around 90-100 deg and not like 70-80deg? same with my water in my line.

I have noticed that with newer stepping CPU's, Intel's TAT is totally off. It is dead on with the Bseries stepping, but G0 or m0 or any other, not even close....always reads about 15C too low.:eek: They simply need to update the program.

even at stock clocks core temps temps are about the same. i reseated my waterblock and still the same so i think that program is off.

water block feels cool, water feels cool, system is stable and im not uber oc'd so all must be good.

Back