• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Help Please "Your Security Settings Do not permit this action...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
When copying a file from a shared network file on my own personal network, to the local machine, i get a Security Warning while trying to drag and drop the file. IF I right click the file name and copy it will then allow me to paste the file to my local system from the remote. the error reads

Security Warning: Your current security settings do not allow this action.

I have enabled file sharing and I can 'map' the network drive properly. File sharing is allowed on both PC's and this is something new to me. This is not related to my AVG. This is a windows Security Warning. I want to know how I can disable this warning. Like I said if I right click and copy, I can paste the file to the local machine. If I try to drag and drop(even right click drag and drop) I get this error. Its annoying the crap out of me. Please help me solve this folks. Thanks in advance.

PS: This seems to happen on any file type. In this case it was a jpg image I took with a digital cam.

UPDATE!!! I finally found the fix. . PROBLEM SOLVED !!
http://fastest963windows.blogspot.com/2008/01/windows-xp-problem-your-current.html <---- linky :)

Z

Last edited:
Back