• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Supply Problems, Please Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

explorer

I just built a computer that has
Athlon Xp 1600
Epox 8kha+
256mb of Crucial ddr 2100
Pioneer Dvd-rom
Zip 100
Linksys 10/100 Lan card
Visiontek Gf3 Ti 200

I have a Codegen case and a Codegen Atx 2.03 power supply, however when I plug in the power supply nothing happens. Is my power supply too weak? Is Atx 2.03 only for P4's? Please Help!!!

how many watts is the psu.....if it is 300 watts or below, then its not powerful enough....i recommend at least a 350 watt enermax, for it is a really good brand. atx 2.03 is just the new revision...that doesnt mean it only works with p4's

It is a 300 watt, I also have 4 80 mm fans and 1 60 mm fan. If 300 were not enough would it even boot, because when I turn the power supply on i only hear a high pitch sound coming from power suuply but none of the leds light up or any sign of power at all.

Your PowerSupply isn't enough for the 8KHA+...cuz the 8KHA+ has the low 5v rail problem
You to get at least a Antec300Watt...

Back