• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird pink lines on LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silmatharien

http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=89676252xn3.jpg

I'm just doing a fresh install on an IBM Thinkpad A30. I just can't figure out how to get rid of those pink lines. I basically notice them on the whitespace of images....

I'm thinking it's a driver problem but I've tried installing the drivers off the IBM site like 3 times already and it makes no difference.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm running XP Pro on it.

bit hard to see with the properties box covering what you are talking about ,
Have you ran Windows Update yet to see if there are updated drivers + hardware updates

bit hard to see with the properties box covering what you are talking about ,
Have you ran Windows Update yet to see if there are updated drivers + hardware updates

It's in the properties window that you can see it. Right around the monitor. I've done all updates.

Ahh Sorry was looking in the wrong place

The wife had similar problem when she had an ATI card was a rendering issue and drivers,

What colour profile are you using the windows Desktop or your Monitors as I often find that your Monitor{ eg- IBM} Colour profile to be better and also what is the DPI setting should be 96dpi

It's set at 96dpi... and the colour profile was set at the default. Interestingly, sometimes when I click away from the properties window and come back to it, the lines are gone ... and then sometimes they're back.

IMHO that looks like a display driver problem, if its intel graphics go to intel not ibm. have seen that before, its often because it locks the color depth at 256 or 16bit. OEM drivers are always out of date.

Back