• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having issues with your Phenom? READ THIS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcfan60

Hey Guys I Posted this on the AMD forums a few minutes ago and im trying to spread the word. If you are having any problems OCing or with BSOD I now know why
---------------

I found out what it is, thanks to all you guys and about 3 other forums and 3 sleepless nights.

Here it is. I have an ASUS M2N-sli Delux with Bios 1302 and a 3day old 9500 phenom. Before I found out I had to enable cool and quiet on the bios to get the processor at the proper speeds I had the FSB at 230 and NEVER had any problems, but as soon as I enabled Cool and Quiet to get the proper speed, it became unstable and got the BSOD error saying about the secondary core. So I went all the way down to 200Mhz FSB and still got random BSOD I tried everything. every Voltage, FSB speed, HT Multiplier possible and ever messed around with different RAM on my mobo… everything I could. I even managed to hack AMD's OverDrive Utility to work on a Non AMD chipset in Vista x64, with it I cant change any setting but the Multi... but that is all I need.
So thanks to the theory of a BAD core, I decided to go back to 230Mhz FSB and CnQ disabled. I opened OverDrive and started increasing the Multi of each processor to reach 2.2Ghz I know that even at stock 2.2 it Randomly gives me BSOD. First 2 Cores took it fine the gave me no problem, got to the 3rd core and wham! BSOD with “A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor” error, restarted computer opened OverDrive again and only increased the Multy of the 3rd core to reach 2.2Ghz and Wham! BSOD again. so far 3rd core is Bad. started PC again Increased Multy of 1st 2nd and 4th core to 2.3Ghz and no problems no BSODS no nothing. So far I managed to to get the 3rdcore to 2070Mhz and it wont BSOD, anything higher and I crash.

All this just happed about 15Minutes ago. I could not Wait to tell you all since I been pulling my hair out cuz of this and I know many of have too.
Before I had the same issue as all of you 210Mhz with the correct Multy = windows BSOD and Fail to even Boot.

So Call AMD, CALL newegg call who ever and get that processor replaced for a working one and start OCing baby! Thank you all guys. I can finaly sleep, thank you all.
---------------

Hope it helps you guys.

Last edited:
That's almost crazy talk but just so happens when OCing a little last weekend, core three was the dog that kept erroring out first when I oced more than 200 over stock. I don't think this qualifies as a RMA as it works at stock.

Figured out why AMD changed the name to Phenom. When AMD started ramping up the quads and came up with the idea or a TriCode Athlon. Word got to the Olympic committee that AMD was going to release the Tri-Athlon and said they owned that name. :tomatoes: j/k

Last edited:
Word got to the Olympic committee that AMD was going to release the Tri-Athlon and said they owned that name.

funny.jpg

Back