• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Ordered a New Laptop: Vostro 1500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BloodbathMK

Registered
well I bit the bullet and bought myself a new laptop for college next year.
I wanted to replaced my 3800 x2 and x800xl tower with a rugged portable machine. settled on the vostro as it seems like the best bang for the buck.

Dell Vostro 1500

1.4ghz c2d 800mhz
2gb ddr2
160gb hd
256mb 8600gt ddr2 :burn:
1280 x 800 screen with truelife
internal bluetooth and wireless g
extended 9 cell battery
dvd burner

all for 838 shipped :sn:

Its going to be used mostly for CSS, BF2, C&C 3, lol and school work of course.
Ill let everyone know how it runs. in a year or two i might get a peryn 2.0ghz proc for it.

anyone with the inspiron or vostro can you please comment on the quality of that 15.4 1280 x 800 true life screen ive heard bad storys.:bang head does it have enough usable screen estate?

Last edited:
My gf has the truelife 1280x800 on her inspiron 1520 "on it right now", no problems at all with it, no bleedthrough or anything nice respone time no ghosting at all.

plenty of space :)

nice, thats good to here, i didnt want to get it and have to send it back. think it will be a good platform for the next couple of years especially since those peryn cores are plug and play. thanks phys i was worried about the display.

apparently i should be expecting 3.5 - 4 according to reviews, but my processor is a lower clockspeed and i plan on undervolting and underclocking the 8600 so we shall see. only one more week till it arrives.

Well it Arrived 8 days ahead of schedule (thankyou dell) and im typing on it right now. in the past couple hours i have had it i have tried all my games and have been impressed it handles cs source (1280x800 max 70+ fps) better that my desktop. its also nice that my 40gb of mp3s fit without being stretched for space. the screen is crisp and clear, and mine does not have a noisy headphone port, i am very impressed, cant wait to see how it will do with some over clocking. according to the windows power meter i have 5 hours of battery left.

Back