• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bellylard

Registered
hi

well i got a Gigabyte GA-60XT for x-mas, not XET kuz the company couldn't get it from theri supplier:( the XT is ok exept for i can't change voltages :mad: so thats no good for me when i get my Celly T....so i had to resort to ordering in a Tusl2-c, i know u guys have been saying they are no good and such but i know people who are just as happy with these boards as well..i tried to get the ST6 but the company's supplier didn't stock abit any more,,so bleh that ruineed a good opportunity...well maybe some responces with some advice or something that could help me out..

thanks

I think you might get flamed if you ordered the Asus. That shouldn't even be a consideration if you are planning to OC. Go shop online and look forthe ST6, VH6T or the gigabytes.

If anyone flames in here for buying an Asus....they're insane. Asus is a much better board than Gigabyte. Have you owned the CUSL2? It's a nice little board. I ran my 700E @ 1000 on it for a few months (about as long as I keep a system). For what you want, you should be fine.

Have you ever owned a Gigabyte? The XET runs rings around the CUSL2-C not to mention the TUSL2-C...

Bellylard....You got the wrong mobo! The XT is a 'very' cut down version of an otherwise great board! The XET appears to be becoming very hard to find but if you can find one by all means take your board back and get it....Otherwise go and grab a GA-60XET-C, this board is the same as the XET except it only has a single bios chip on board and no onboard creative sound - Is cheaper than the XET due to the absence of these features and won't affect your overclocking at all!

Yes my dad is currently running on the CUSL2...I talked to the owner of the company again and he said that after new years(when his suppliers are back from vacation)he will contact them and find out about the Abit ST6(if they even start carrying abit) and the Gigabyte GA-60XET, which i really hope i will get...i would order the board online, but i already have the XT and i can bring that board back and pretty much get a trade in for it at the company...but if i can't get either of those boards i am going to get the TUSL2-C..

You should look at the Soyo TISU instead of that TUSL2-C.

It has all the OCing functions you need for either coppermines
or Tualatins, including voltage adjustments.

I got one and it works great.

I am getting the XET-C board for my next system.

thanks for the ingo 650 but i doubt the place id be getting it from has Soyo mobo's

Hey 6502kid,

I also have a Soyo TISU. Seems this board allows you to use 100 or 133 memory bus speed, even if you use a FSB above 133. Problem for me is, I'm currently using a 140 FSB, and I can't seem to overide the feature of running the memory bus at 133. I have the memory speed selected to "auto", and the board seems to boot at 133 memory bus (at least that's what the POST screen reports). I want my memory bus to run the same as my FSB. I would think the board has the option to run the memory speed higher, but I sure can't figure it out. I'm using the latest bios revision.

What's your experiences with your TISU, and memory/FSB speed?

Back