• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Q9550 results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sHape oF gReY

Link

Looking like it doesn't hit 4Ghz just yet. Might be possible with later (retail) chips. Guy seemed to hit an FSB wall at 465.

3.8-3.85ghz 1.4-1.424 vcore and 3.6ghz required 1.336v

Doesn't seem too impressive compared to the current Q6600 G0s. 3DM06 CPU score is 1k higher than my current (somewhat crappy) G0 at 3.6Ghz.

The impressiveness is in the low vcore required to reach 3.8ghz. This low vcore should provide much lower temps as well. I think it is impressive, but it IS an ES chip...so who knows really.

The impressiveness is in the low vcore required to reach 3.8ghz. This low vcore should provide much lower temps as well. I think it is impressive, but it IS an ES chip...so who knows really.

Well it seems like quite a few lads with G0s over at XS have hit 3.8 @ under 1.4v.

But for the most part...yeah, time will tell.

I still think that the temps will be much lower with the 45nm at same clock/vcore as the G0 Q66090s.

We will see in the next few weeks. This is exciting, I am eying an E8500, but I might go with the Q9450. It all depends what I see in the next few weeks.

Hm, you have to remember he was testing it with an older mobo and an older Bios plus he was using 4gb of ram.

I think that chip can go over 4.0 with some time, better stepping, newer boards etc.

Edit - Is it just me or did 3Dmark06 add up his score wrong? 5268 + 5385 + 6547 = 17200? (It has his score at 13699?)

3DMark scores don't add up like that, otherwise i'd be into the mid-20's on my rig ;)

I've purchased an E8400 just because I still have nothing that needs quad core yet. In another six months when a new spin has come out that breaks down this apparent FSB wall, I'll reconsider :)

Was hoping these would be great clockers like the E84/8500s seem to be so far. Right now it's not looking like these will be hitting 4.5G just yet, maybe with a newer boards and improved bios.

Also being one of, if not THE first Q9550 run, could just be bad luck of the draw. Just going to have to reserve our judgment until we have multiple samples to compare.

well the boards and bios to give the cpu its fsb wall... we have boards that can do 500+ but if the cpu for what ever reason will not go over 460 or 480 thats nothing agianst the board. it is a ES so the fsb wall of retail/oem cpus may or may not be the same...i would hope they are well past 500mhz..

all quads have an fsb wall ~450fsb. Intel has been working on this "problem" (only a problem to us enthusaists. LOL) but i don't think it will be fixed any time soon.

Back