• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Cell Phone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DietPepsi0219

My contract is up tomorrow which means I get a new phone. My service provider is AT&T and they seem to have a pretty solid selection of phones. What I'm trying to stay away from are flip phones and anything that will break easily so naturally "brick" and slider style phones appeal to me. My question for yall is if anybody has personal experience (good or bad) with the following phones or knows of any pros/cons that I wouldn't be able to discover for myself by reading about these phones.

LG Shine
Blackberry Pearl
Samsung Blackjack II
Samsung A737
Motorola MotoQ

Last edited:
I do not like the Pearl, I think it's just odd. I have the Blackjack I and love it, and from what I've seen of the BJ II, GPS, scroll wheel, new # layout, etc, it put's it up there in the top 5 phones to get.

I can't tell you about any of the others, sorry :(

I've had a couple Q's, and they are definately the most underpowered of the smartphones. Really laggy, just kind of 'meh' in general. I do like the Blackjack II though, or an 8525 or similar but you don't like the slider ones.

I've had a couple Q's, and they are definately the most underpowered of the smartphones. Really laggy, just kind of 'meh' in general. I do like the Blackjack II though, or an 8525 or similar but you don't like the slider ones.

I DO like the slider phones. I just don't like flip phones because they seem to break easily. I'm hesitant to get the Tilt because of it's pricetag but having wifi access on my phone would be freakin' sweet.

I DO like the slider phones. I just don't like flip phones because they seem to break easily. I'm hesitant to get the Tilt because of it's pricetag but having wifi access on my phone would be freakin' sweet.
The 8925 is a baller phone, and I think you'd get over the price tag pretty quickly once you start playing with it. Trust me, of the phones you listed, the Tilt is in a league of it's own.

The 8925 is a baller phone, and I think you'd get over the price tag pretty quickly once you start playing with it. Trust me, of the phones you listed, the Tilt is in a league of it's own.

well i decided to go with the blackjack2...for now. i feel like it's lacking in the video playback area but the rest of it is solid for the price. I also have an unlimited data plan which is tight because I get to do trivial things like sit at my computers and post on forums from my phone (like right now). for some reason it wouldn't let me playback a divx or wmv video I put on here earlier giving me an error message that I couldnt find anything about on google. I'll try it out tomorrow once I buy a memory card. Overall I'm very pleased with it so far but more to come after the video testing.

get the shine or the pearl. 2 great phones. tilt is stupid because it doens't have a keypad on top so you have to keep opening it to hit numbers. treo is a great phone but kind of thick.

well i decided to go with the blackjack2...for now. i feel like it's lacking in the video playback area but the rest of it is solid for the price. I also have an unlimited data plan which is tight because I get to do trivial things like sit at my computers and post on forums from my phone (like right now). for some reason it wouldn't let me playback a divx or wmv video I put on here earlier giving me an error message that I couldnt find anything about on google. I'll try it out tomorrow once I buy a memory card. Overall I'm very pleased with it so far but more to come after the video testing.
Install TCPMP. Great media player for WM phones, even supports DivX.

Hey folks, I downloaded DivX player for WM6 and am currently downloading some completely legal, purchased tv shows from my favorite legal downloading site meganova/seedpeer (not sure if I can say that on here) and will later convert them for display on my phone so that I can tell y'all how they run. I'm also in the process of activating the GPS so that I can use it in google maps without paying $10 a month to get ripped off by telenav.

If you hadn't already purchased the BJ2, I would say check out the Blackberry Curve.

I have the 8320 (one wiht GPS), and I absolutely love it. It's definately more of a "buisness" type phone, but it rocks. If you don't care about GPS the 8310 is the the same phone minus the GPS.

Yeah I just got the GPS working today (no telenav garbage) and it's awesome! I'm watching The Office off the 2gb memory card I picked up.

I did buy the BJ2 but I'm going back sometime this week to check out the curve because the one they had on display wasn't working. My sister bought the curve and says she really likes it so I'll definitely have to check it out.

Yeah I just got the GPS working today (no telenav garbage) and it's awesome! I'm watching The Office off the 2gb memory card I picked up.

I did buy the BJ2 but I'm going back sometime this week to check out the curve because the one they had on display wasn't working. My sister bought the curve and says she really likes it so I'll definitely have to check it out.

Wanna trade me for my BJI ??? ;) jk

Back