• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plz, help with the Monitor Power Settings in Win98

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Doors

Vesuvius Senior Ocer
Well, the problem is about the settings available into the Display Properties\Power Option Properties, where you can set the time that will turn off the Monitor. The strange thing is that isn't available, into the Advanced Settings too, so, every time i leave the Pc for more than 10-15min the system turn the monitor in sleep Mode and doesn't wake up at all!!! and I need to restart the System!!!
Can you suggest me the proper voice into the registry to set this prob? I suppose that is a prob releated to the Vid Drivers.

Thanks in advance for your support ;)

make sure your monitor driver is installed and thats there is no specific setting for turning on and off the power save mode. mine has its own utility that can control this. also, there r some detonator versions that have related problems with the power saving mode. the problem with them is just what you described, the monitor wotn wake up from the sleep mode.

The first thing i do on a fresh install is to make sure all power saving options are set to never if you find them i reccomend setting to never.

i dont like using power saving either. if you prefer not to use it what i use to do is to turn off the monitor by myself when im not going to be using the computer for awhile.
power saving has a lot of compatibility issues, in some cases its just not worth to use it.

I'm speaking of the same place guys :eek:
Display Properties> Screen Saver> Under Energy Savings Of Monitor, where I found all the other settings, but not the monitor! and are set for never turn in sleep mode too!
I suppose that oTTO is right, a driver prob, like I just supposed into my question!

Back