• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSC Esprimo V5505 and wierd HDD noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Perre

Ok here is the deal.

A couple of months ago I decided to get myself a laptop and as I went looking for one I decided that I wanted a fast CPU and atleast 2GB of RAM.
When it comes to gaming or any graphical applications I use my stationary computer so I didnt want to pay any extra for any graphical performance.

After a while I found this Fujitsu & Siemens Esprimo V5505 with a Intel Core 2 Duo, [email protected]. 2GB of RAM and a Western Digital 250GB HDD (WDC WD2500BEVS-2UST0 ATA). It sounded like something I had been looking for and decided to buy it.

As soon as I started using it I was riddled by this strange highpitch sound that seemed to come from the HDD. It didnt sound like the HDD was about to fail on me just an irregular high pitch sound which came back when the HDD wasnt actually working.

After a while I got fed up with it so I called the support and had them come get the laptop. 2 months after I got this laptop its been picked up by support 3 times and Ive been told that the HDD have been changed for a new one and that everything should be working fine. It still doesnt!

Ive come to the conclusion that when I put the battery scheme on "high performance" it does the most noise and when when its on "energy saving mode" it does the least. Also it differs depending on whether or not I have the AC cord plugged in or not.

This sound is driving me nuts and really made me regret buying this latop. Ive been thinking that I would go buy myself another HDD and try that out.

Noticed that I wrote a whole paper on this one but I wanted to explain it as best as I could.

If anyone have any thoughts or ideas Id be glad to hear them and if anyone suggest I go buy myself a new HDD which one?

Kindest regards,

Perre

Back