• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Egg at it again - Bluray $173, 750TX $105

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

If you don't already get their newsletter, sign up to get the promo codes.. Looks like Bluray is getting down to earth. I paid $180 for my first CD drive, got no problem paying this for the BD drive.

Oh yeah, it comes with a free DVD burner..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...C-IGNEFL012408-_-CDDVDDrives-_-E1R-_-27106225

And the Corsair 750TX.. 105 after rebate with free shipping, again you need the promo code, can be used after signing up for their newsletter:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...IGNEFL012408-_-PowerSupplies-_-L3M-_-17139006

Yeah, I guess in a few years these prices will be down quite a bit. I think I paid something like $150 for my first CD Burner. I believe it was a 4x or 8x BTC refurb crapmaster that made a lot of coasters. We've come a long ways.

I paid $300 for my first CD-ROM, and $600 for my first burner. Those were in like 1991 and 1994 respectively. The burner was a Ricoh external SCSI and was a complete POS. 3 times out of 4 I'd be trying to burn a disc and it would generate a write error, and I'd turn a then $3 blank CD into a coaster. Plus, it was only 1x so it took forever.

We have come a long way indeed.

I paid $300 for my first CD-ROM, and $600 for my first burner. Those were in like 1991 and 1994 respectively. The burner was a Ricoh external SCSI and was a complete POS. 3 times out of 4 I'd be trying to burn a disc and it would generate a write error, and I'd turn a then $3 blank CD into a coaster. Plus, it was only 1x so it took forever.

We have come a long way indeed.

My oh my My first coputer did not have a CD-rom drive I had to add 1. a 2X mitsu drive. was a 199 special. :) Not write, read only. :eek:

Me too Realgun. I got a Mitsumi 2x from some guy from a local BBS. He came to the theatre where I worked, picked up the money, then a couple days later came by with the drive :p It was a killer price at the time, came with a controller card and everything. Worked awesome in my Tandy 1000 TX.

Back