• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Constint Win2K Pro C++ Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BinarySuperman

guys everyday i get an error saying something about c++ runtime error, and that explorer is not working propertly, can someone help me.

yeah its almost exactly like that, just in my own words, please help me, and also when i go to shut down my computer it wont shut down the first time, i have to do it a second time everytime:mad:

BTW. what were u doing when the message popup? or at which point do u get message.
getting online, play game......
this should give some more clue.

everytime i start the computer and open internet explorer a get a error message saying c++ runtime error, and i simply just press ok, and move on, yeah i have dl'ed the service pack.

Something has changed your system files.

I do not remember exactly if there is a SFC.EXE (system File check) in Win2K. Try to run: Start->Run..->type "SFC"->Enter.

I know that there some Visual C++ components that are used to manage and link/unlink during the execution of the written Vis C++ applications. I have forgot what names they have.
Try also to reinstall Explorer from one of the magazine CDs. they often have updates.

If this all doesn´t help, try locating by search files called vc????.dll
and replacing them from WID (Winows Installation Disk).
Hope this helps.

P.S.
If not , back up your data and reinstall (with upgrade option) windows. Win will rewrite this files back to the original.

;)

Back