• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6570 @ 1.65vcore (air)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiggity

Ok so I lap my CPU and heatsink, remount and now...

165Vcore-66-68C.jpg

It's kind of hard to see, but I was at 1.65vcore, other voltages at stock. Ran small FTT torture in prime for ~15 minutes, never going above 68C. (Idling at 26-27C atm)

Can that temperature readout be correct? On air? My heatsink is nothing special either, just a 9500 zalman. I'm using coretemp 0.96.1

What other programs have reliable temp readouts for the CPU that I can crosscheck with?

Coretemp has never lied to me...try Intel Thermal Analysis Tool (TAT). Gives you accurate temps as well.

coretemp and TAT will give the same temps since they are both reading from the same place.. if the pic wasnt resized we could actaully see the temps... im on a 42in tv and cant see your temps in coretemp..

coretemp and TAT will give the same temps since they are both reading from the same place.. if the pic wasnt resized we could actaully see the temps... im on a 42in tv and cant see your temps in coretemp..

Aye I know, but the vcore scaling on my cpu is very weird.

1.40 -> 3.4ghz

1.50 -> 3.6ghz

1.60 -> Was nearing complete stability on 3.8ghz

Everyone I see on these forums runs vcores MUCH MUCH lower on air.

It's kind of hard to see, but I was at 1.65vcore, other voltages at stock. Ran small FTT torture in prime for ~15 minutes, never going above 68C. (Idling at 26-27C atm)

Can that temperature readout be correct? On air? My heatsink is nothing special either, just a 9500 zalman. I'm using coretemp 0.96.1

I bet you can get stable w/ a lot less vcore if you tweak some other voltage settings. Once you get above 420 you usually have to do something. Try dropping your multi, and see what happens when you give the NB and FSB more juice. With your multi dropped you can get your CPU OC out of the equation, and just see what you have to do to get the FSB stable at 450 or higher. Then raise your multi back up, and see how much vcore it takes to keep the CPU happy at those speeds.

Also, it looks like your giving your RAM 1.8v. What is the voltage spec on your RAM? A lot of current enthusiast DDR2-800 requires anything from 2.1-2.2v, so get your RAM the spec voltage before you do anything else. Show us the 'memory' tab of CPU-Z, so we can see your divider settings as well.

Your temps are pretty good for as much vcore as you are pumping in.

I bet you can get stable w/ a lot less vcore if you tweak some other voltage settings. Once you get above 420 you usually have to do something. Try dropping your multi, and see what happens when you give the NB and FSB more juice. With your multi dropped you can get your CPU OC out of the equation, and just see what you have to do to get the FSB stable at 450 or higher. Then raise your multi back up, and see how much vcore it takes to keep the CPU happy at those speeds.

Also, it looks like your giving your RAM 1.8v. What is the voltage spec on your RAM? A lot of current enthusiast DDR2-800 requires anything from 2.1-2.2v, so get your RAM the spec voltage before you do anything else. Show us the 'memory' tab of CPU-Z, so we can see your divider settings as well.

Your temps are pretty good for as much vcore as you are pumping in.

My ram is terribad, not even rated to go above 2.0 and i get error spam going above 1.8V on this ram. It's horrible and I know its holding me back. But thats another issue. I run it at 1:1 5-5-5-15 2T, and it can barely keep up with DDR2 900 speed with my 450FSB.

Sooooo.....Ram suggestions? =D

Aye I know, but the vcore scaling on my cpu is very weird.

1.40 -> 3.4ghz

1.50 -> 3.6ghz

1.60 -> Was nearing complete stability on 3.8ghz

Everyone I see on these forums runs vcores MUCH MUCH lower on air.

Thats just about right where I am. 1.5v at 3.6 stable.

I can see it fine on my 22"...it says 67c and 66c.

Those temp readings are correct. The E6750 is a gem of a chip. I can go to 1.75V without breaking 69C on my U90.(I am not insinuating you try this, I just did it for temperature research.)

I wonder how much electromigration occurs with so much voltage, Im hesistant to run that much in my 90nm core.

e6750

I would think that chip will be dead in a short time with 1.65v. Thats insanely hi IMO.

I have an e6750 and run it at 450x8 with 1.40v and hit 48 to 54c max at full load in orthos.. It will do 3.8 but had to up it to 1.5v and wasn't worth it to me for an extra 200 mhz. Maybe for benchmarks but not 24/7.

I'm on a 20 inch LCD and I can read them:santa: 67 and 66.

Your temps do not seem right. My friend had 1.53V with the Zalman 9500 and AS5 on an E6450, and he was hitting 70C.

I wonder how much electromigration occurs with so much voltage, Im hesistant to run that much in my 90nm core.

Yeah I'm torn if running it at 1.50V 24/7 is smart to do, the temps are fine but running that much voltage on it all the time is iffy.

I use speedstep and C1E though, so unless I'm gaming the voltage is lower with the lower multi.

We'll see though, if it burns out in a year I'll know not to volt that high =D

Back