• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing icons question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scott9027

I want to change the icons of my M4A files to match the icons of my MP3 files. I've got a picture of the phenomenon, I just want to use the icons that VLC already has for MP3 and use that icon for all of the files. Thanks in advance if anyone can help. :beer: Oh, and imageshack.us is awesome.

Without knowing which OS you're running, I'll assume it's an NT-based OS like W2K or XP. Open Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | "File Types" tab | Scroll down to the file type / extension of which you'd like to change the icon (in your case the *.m4a file extension) | "Advanced" button | In the Edit File Type dialog box that opens, click the "Change Icon" button... and browse to the folder, *.dll, etc. that contains the *.mp3 file icon that you'd like to use.

Back