• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDMI port (with discrete graphics option only)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

immersion

Registered
Hi guys,

I am looking at getting the HP Pavilion dv2700t Special Edition series notebook. On the specs it says "The integrated HDMI port (with discrete graphics option only) lets you view high-definition content on your HDTV". When I customize the build I don't see anything that gives me the option to add "discrete graphics". I want to get the HDMI port and use it with a converter (HDMI > DVI) on my DVI monitor. I don't understand if it just comes with a HDMI port already, or if I need to select a special option.

Also, will the HDMI to DVI monitor hookup work correctly without any problems such as screen resolutions?.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
By discrete graphics they mean a dedicated card. In this case that would be the 128mb 8400m GS option. If you choose the nvidia card instead of the integrated one you will get the HDMI port.

Back