• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Keyboard TOO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baggedmazda

i came by some money gona get a lcd and a keyboard but what one g15 or a razer i have a deathadder already and love it? any others i should consider the g15 went up from last i looked is it worth it to get the lcd i may never realy look at maybe if i can see temps but i run rather cool the way it is

I will throw in the obligatory, "what about the Saitek Eclipse/Eclipse II?" comment. They are normally $50 or less on newegg and are superior in key feel than the G15 or most others. Sure it doesn't have an LCD at the top, but that thing is little more than a novelty anyway. IMO anyway...

i do need back lit keys too i play in the dark all the time it seems maybe cause i work 2nd shift and am up untill 7am every day

What is the diffrance of the Eclipse/Eclipse II can't realy tell besides the color

Last edited:
i do need back lit keys too i play in the dark all the time it seems maybe cause i work 2nd shift and am up untill 7am every day

What is the diffrance of the Eclipse/Eclipse II can't realy tell besides the color

The major difference I can think of with the Eclipse II is that is will do 3 colors of backlighting (Blue, Red, Purple) the Eclipse is just one. Also the Eclipse II has a variable knob for brightness of the backlighting, the Eclipse just had like a high, med, low, off or something like that. The Eclipse II also has a few media buttons on it (volume control/mute and basic play/pause/stop/fw/rw). I had the Eclipse and got a free upgrade to the Eclipse II. I definitely like it better. I like the wrist rest better, and the red color is so much easier on the eyes than blue (for me at least). Also it's nice to have a variable control for the brightness.

But the major selling point of the Eclipse(s) over the G15 or most other keyboards isn't backlighting or some other gimmick. It's the quality of the keys. Typing on an Eclipse is like butter, it's just the best feeling keyboard I've ever used. I've tried the G15 and it just felt cheap and clunky. I previously had an Ideazon ZBoard and after using the Eclipse, I realized how cheap and clunky it felt as well.

well i have a microsoft keyboard with fingerprint reader so i asume i will notice a differance in what ever i get this is about the only keyboard i can put on my desk with my crt but that will change with the 22in lcd i am gona buy with this

I have a tarantula and it frankly feels cheap. The first one I got (going to have to do something creative to get it replaced now I guess) as soon as I got it didnt work right, pressing ANY key on the left side of the board would make it randomly spit 1's out either continuously or at its choosing.

Attempted to contact Razer re: it and after 4 emails I gave up.

Bad part is that it looks brand new, the plastic is still on it, it is back in the box, it just doesnt work.

Ill stick with my G15, Eclipse I and II and the ancient ps/2 kb I have thanks.

i beg to differ with those saying the LCD is gimmicky or novelty:
100_2146_800x600.jpg

100_2147_800x600.jpg

its full of useful information for me
plus i use the teamspeak plugin while i game and can see who's talking, with the option of muting my mic using one of the keys located under the lcd

there is a lot that can be done with it, its just how you go about doing it

yeah you can do loads with it, though i have a 2nd monitor for TS, vent what ever you want so i dont have to have a TS app for it or anything

I need a new keyboard also. I want keys that are flat like a laptops, and light up. I was looking at the creative fatal1ty one. looks nice. but maybe a little cramped. I am looking for something black with blue blacklit keys. any suggestions? anyone tried the creative fatal1ty board?

Thanks

The G15 looks nice but i would like it in black with blue Keys.... and im not in the mood for modding a keyboard

I have both the g15 and the saitek II. Overall the saitek is a much better keyboard IMHO if you dont use the extra keys on the g15. Also the keys on both versions of the g15 feel like a $2 ps/2 keyboard you could find anywhere to me.

well i think i am gona go with tht saitek any idea when there new gaming board will be out it looked ok

Back