• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who is Kingpin & Fugger?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kingpin designs liquid nitrogen "pots" (basically giant heatsinks that get filled with LN2) and Fugger is a master at everything else. They've been at or near the head of the class for a while now in overclocking.

And yes, their "home forum" is xtremesystems.org.

Lots of cool stuff there, but overall I like the people here better. :beer:

it was funny in that he didnt put pots on the cards in that commercial just the cpu iirc

yeah, but no props to the guys from me, give me t he same hardware and i could do the same.

yeah, but no props to the guys from me, give me t he same hardware and i could do the same.

Nod, maybe not as high as them but pretty close to say the least. I only take other people's scores with nearly identical rigs to mine with any heart.

ya thats the thing... give me a top of the line not released yet 790i mobo, a qx9770 and 3 g80 cherry picked ultras... i could have my friend mill out the pots and then LN2 wouldnt be super hard and i could probably pull the same 30k. some easy adjustable vmods on the ultras and ur off and running...

The super sweet aspect of this is that when you break a world record you're immediately famous for at least a short time and companies will actually throw bleeding edge hardware at you to mess around with and probably don't even care if you bust it.

Also when is 3dmark07 coming out? Those '06 scores are sure getting up there.

ya thats the thing... give me a top of the line not released yet 790i mobo, a qx9770 and 3 g80 cherry picked ultras... i could have my friend mill out the pots and then LN2 wouldnt be super hard and i could probably pull the same 30k. some easy adjustable vmods on the ultras and ur off and running...

780i... Viper would be my friend :p

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this is more than throwing the fastest hardware together. Mods and tweaks are some of the hardest out there to do when you don't know where to mod it (you have to find it yourself) and find the tweaks yourself.

I will say that it does make it easier to have hardware that is cherry picked for benching, but it is definitely not a cake walk.

The differnce is... these guys are doing the Vmods on the cards before there ever is a thread to teach you how. That and they must have no life at all to learn all about the little things that improve your scores... Memory subtimings and voltage ranges.. not just cranking up the vcore.. .but keeping hte right ratio with GTL REF and vtt and mch and IO and blah blah blah...

I spend a lot of time reading hte forums... and i can say... i can easily make half of their score with no modded HW for a lot less money.

Yah they may score 300FPS in COD4... but my 500 dollar system is completely playable maxed out.. now... they might have the only rigs that can play crysis maxed... .but thats just Oblivion without the interest factor :)

EDIT: nm thideras beat me to it (again)

some easy adjustable vmods on the ultras and ur off and running...

easy... right.

ive already killed two graphics cards trying these 'easy' vmods. it's VERY hard. i have a pretty steady hand and have been working on my iron skillz on some old dead motherboards - and i still have killed two. im prolly gonna be adding another tally to that list here soon, as my vmodded 6800gs is starting to act REAL funny @ high clocks under 1.55vgpu :)

i know they did a lot of work with the bios's on the two ultra's they used for the 30K run too. custom timings and such. definitely a little more to then just slapping some pots on under LN2 and turning up the FSB. their 30K run? was not on a 790i and tri SLi - it was on a 780i DDR2 and normal SLi. it think only shows how professional that run really was - they didnt need DDR3 to do it.

i can't wait to see what these guys can do with some DDR3 on a 790i.

Back