• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice in a $700 laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meksyk

My housemate requested me to find a laptop for ~$700 for use as his main computer, right now he uses his roomate's pc to check email, but he decided to get something for himself, he gave me this budget and told me that he would like somethng that he could use for gaming to (mainly BF2), so I found him this: link

I don't know if its sesion expiring so basicaly is a Dell Vostro 1500 with a core 2 duo T5270, 2GB of ram, 120 GB HD, comes with vista home basic (but can be changed to XP, or for $30 more to home premium), 256 Mb Geforce 8600M GT and integrated camera (his request) I think he can strech the budget a little bit to pay the tax (free shiping).

Whay do you guys think? any coupons?
Thanks in advance

Thats not bad at all. Just make sure to get the WXGA+ screen or even the WSXGA+ screen. Does he need the 8600GT? Also will this be moved at all?

great laptop, got the same one, the wxga screen is fantastic, if you get the LG screen the others arent as crisp (you cant choose its a game of luck). i got the extended battery, bluetooth, and 8600gt for 838 shipped, he may not need the 8600gt you could get the 8400 and save 100. either way you cant go wrong with the vostro. It has replaced my A64x2 desktop.

I'm typing on the laptop in my sig right now (Vostro 1500), and I absolutely love it. You've found your friend a good buy for his money, go with it. :thup:

Back