• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5N32-E SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JHG120

Hi. I have Kingston Hyper X DDR2 PC2-6400 Ram. On my motherboard, there are 4 slots for the Ram. It says:

Dimm_A1
Dimm_A2
Dimm_B1
Dimm_B2

I have 2 x 1 GB sticks. Should I put them in the 1st and 3rd slot, or should I put them in the first 2 slots? I've looked in the manual, and it only shows how to install, not where to put them. Thanks for the help.

JHG120,
First, :welcome: to the forums
Secondly, you have a good board there, I recently got mine back from ASUS. According to the fine print on page 2-16, you would be best off putting them in slots 1 and 3. You have to read into it a bit. You want to take advantage of dual channel mode, so you have to equal the amount of RAM in each channel. As A1 and A2 are one channel with the Bs the other, to get dual channel, you need one stick in each slot for the best performance. That said, it will still work in either method, although dual channel is faster.

Let me know if you have anymore questions about the board, I'm happy to help.
ASUS FTW!
-Drew

Thanks Drew.

I have 1 GB stick in slot A1 and B1, so slots 1 and 3. I assumed that was correct, but wasn't able to check anywhere to see if it's truely running at DDR2 speeds. Again, thanks for the help.

Google for CPU-Z download, run it, and check under the tab named "memory". It should say "Channels #: Dual" there and also the DRAM Frequency (memory freq). If you multiply it by 2 you'll end up with the DDR-speed of your memory.

Other tabs like "SPD" is not telling the actual frequency. Only settings stored in your sticks. Just so you know.

Back