• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Awesome new CPU stress utility needs feedback!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you suspect the crash is not related to overclock, run it at stock speed, stock voltage just to verify.

If the processor overheats, it will hang or reboot. If the processor fails a calculation (such as memory address or branch mis-prediction), it will crash. Not exactly "built-in" error checking; its just that the elevated heat condition might help trigger a failure.

I can confirm that this gets my X3210 hotter than any other program I've tried - it is like TAT, only i works all 4 cores.

Why don't someone try 2/4 old fasion P95 (red one) and orthors, both piority 10 and compare with this one? I'll post mine soon. All in all, you should get 3 different core temp readings.

Prime95- Core 1= Core 2
Orthors- Core 1= Core 2
Damage- Core 1= Core 2

I'll edit it afterwards if I remember.

it's not doing anything for me, stock speeds and it's 23c, those are my idle temps! I get 31c load with orthos(yes those temsp are correct :) )
Did you....you know...run it?

Haven't seen an issue on any of my computers.

yes...I .... did

well, atleast it said "running for xx:xx amount of time"
Why....are....we....talking....like....this?

Did you check the menus just in case it didn't actually start? Like set it to two cores and back to 4, etc.

I used to use Toast back in the skt A days, lol. Dam this is an old proggy. Used to put some serious hurting on those Bartons.

First of all, sorry for a bump. :p

Prime95/Orthos are far from best CPU burning programs. For example while I get 70 C from Orthos, I get well over 80 C from S&M. FPU unit heats the A64's well. ;)

Had to register here, just to post this! :)

Ive been using this for a while to compare temps and to burn in TIM, but i didnt know who made it. Not that good for stability checking, but does a fine job at cooking the chip.

I preferred Core Damage when it did not require running an installer to install the program.

Please have a version that does not require the use of the installer.

Back