• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the difference between Duron and Tbird??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Solum

Registered
I never understand the difference? There are two models of Duron, isn't it?? The Morgan and the Palomino. I think Morgan has a 64kb of L2 cache and the palomino has 256kb of L2. ANyway, anyone know the difference between them?!

Hi there! I see you're new to this forum so WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Now there are two models of Duron & two models of Athlon (actually its 3, the old Athlon Classic wich was using the slotA interface). The Duron (spitfire, Athlon T-Bird core w/ 64KB cache) came upto 950MHz. The Duron Morgan (Palomino core, 64KB cache). upto 1200MHz so far.

The Athlon T-Bird w/ 256KB cache, and the Athlon XP (Palomino core) w/ 256KB. the Only difference betwin T-Bird & Duron spitfire is the cache and same difference betwin Morgan & AthlonXP.

The Athlons have more cache so they are faster and better with multi-tasking.

welcome fellow oc.com brother, please consider joining the Folding@Home team with your underworked computer!!

thanx lennytiger! :)

you must ring in the new year with that little Folding icon in your system tray. Or how about the new years resolution.. "I will join the overclockers.com folding team." That should be one you can actually follow through on...

Back