• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia to acquire Ageia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Never even contemplated buying one. What is interesting, is that developers might actually start making games that support it.

Lol i Know someone over at ageia, ill see if he will tell me anything.

edit:

just shot him an email so we will see what he says, i was very vague about what I was asking,but he'll know what I'm talking about :)

Will update when I get the info.

I was pretty ****ed when I found out that Intel bought Havok thus killing good support for physics on a GPU. Stick it to them Nvidia.

I also hope this brings PhysX drivers to Linux.

I use Nvidia cards due to the fact I use nForce chipsets it's less hassle with hardware problems not that I have ever come across ATi cards to cause problems I once owned a ATI 800XL AGP and a Nforce2 Ultra board. Anyways I knew it would be nVidia to buy Ageia out AMD/ATi couldn't possibly do it and if INTEL bought HAVOK then whats left for AMD/ATi nothing only in house.

I hope they p*ss on INTEL's camp fire ha ha.

I use Nvidia cards due to the fact I use nForce chipsets it's less hassle with hardware problems not that I have ever come across ATi cards to cause problems I once owned a ATI 800XL AGP and a Nforce2 Ultra board. Anyways I knew it would be nVidia to buy Ageia out AMD/ATi couldn't possibly do it and if INTEL bought HAVOK then whats left for AMD/ATi nothing only in house.

I hope they p*ss on INTEL's camp fire ha ha.

I think that might be a problem when incorporating physics into games...

it would be NVIDIA only...

otherwise most games are sponsored by NVIDIA anyways..

otherwise most games are sponsored by NVIDIA anyways..

Nvidia - The Way It's Meant To Be Played... could be the only way its abled to to be played depending how much they invest in development. if games rely on hardware physics you may be left with buy a nvidia gfx card or buy a nvidia physics card if you want to play certain games.

Nvidia - The Way It's Meant To Be Played... could be the only way its abled to to be played depending how much they invest in development. if games rely on hardware physics you may be left with buy a nvidia gfx card or buy a nvidia physics card if you want to play certain games.

I think that would hurt competition rights in some countries, and thus not be allowed..

hopefully..

or they'll have to share their technology

With quad core CPUs being common nowadays, isn't it possible to dedicate one core to handling physics?

Back