• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Completely silent laptop or close

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicoliani

Is there any laptop's where the fan doesn't kick in and noise. I have an ACER Aspire 4315 and the fan runs like every 2-3 minute even if only browse web-pages. And at least it should be a laptop that can perform, at least 14,1 screen and 1,7 Intel Celeron, well similar to the ACER I use.

Inspiron 1420. You can get a basic model with a 1.4/1.5GHz Core 2 Duo for ~$600.

Absolutely as silent as can be. I can't feel any heat coming from this thing unless its on my lap.

Before I consider, I should probably as if there is any tools for controlling the fans? I have not found anything in VISTA Basic and not with the ACER software tools.

Before I consider, I should probably as if there is any tools for controlling the fans? I have not found anything in VISTA Basic and not with the ACER software tools.

Mine does not have any fan control that I am aware of, but the fan hardly runs at all and when it does, its super silent.

I'd say its about as silent as a Corsair PSU fan :) Super silent!
My old Toshiba P4 laptop was like a hurricane, so I know what noisy is!

Any decent notebook can become nearly silent. My XPS 1330's fan almost never kicks in just surfing the net. If it does, its very very quiet. The Key is to use a program called RMClock to lock you computer at X multiplier and under volt your chip. For example on mine T7500 I run at the 8x multi when ever I am on battery and I was able to bring the voltage down to .900 volts. I am sitting at 48C with my fan off. I also replace the TIM with AS5. RMClock works with almost all processor including Intel's new Core 2 chips. Shoot me a PM if you want help in setting this up. Its a bit confusing at first, but its well worth it in the end.

Any decent notebook can become nearly silent. My XPS 1330's fan almost never kicks in just surfing the net. If it does, its very very quiet. The Key is to use a program called RMClock to lock you computer at X multiplier and under volt your chip. For example on mine T7500 I run at the 8x multi when ever I am on battery and I was able to bring the voltage down to .900 volts. I am sitting at 48C with my fan off. I also replace the TIM with AS5. RMClock works with almost all processor including Intel's new Core 2 chips. Shoot me a PM if you want help in setting this up. Its a bit confusing at first, but its well worth it in the end.

Aweeeeesome, im trying to set this up right now on my 1530 w/ T7500

EDIT: Can't do it because the driver is not digitally signed (Vista x64) any way around?

Ok, I'm in but don't know how to set it up, this soft is a bit confusing.

Back